Kevin Gibbons

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 22:05:16 GMT, "Travis Jordan"
wrote:

Kevin G wrote:
We're in the process of building a new house, and have an attached
garage. The garage size is 26x24, and has a ceiling height of 11'6".
The way the garage is positioned within the house, two of the walls
are shared internal walls, and two are external (cold) walls. The
external walls are 2x6 construction, are are R19 insulated. Above the
garage is a bonus room which is finished, and has R33 insulation above
the garage ceiling. And the garage door itself is very well
insulated.

What does the heat loss calculation say you need in BTU?

Hi Travis,

Thanks a bunch for the quick reply! Honestly, I don't have an answer
to your question... that's getting a little more technical than I'm
equipped to handle I'm guessing there is a formula to be used when
calculating heat loss? The problem is, I don't know if I would
adequately be able to plug variables into a formula because there are
a few windows in the garage, an interior door, etc.. This would
probably be something I would have to pass along to my contractor.

Any suggestions on figuring this out?

Kevin