Mary Fisher

"Set Square" wrote in message
Rodders wrote:

"Set Square" wrote in message

Make sure you remove the skirting while you do the job, and then put
it back - or renew it - afterwards in order to cover the expansion
gaps.

I personally went for the lengths of wood effect coving which glues
on and which covers the space without the hassle of removing the
skirting. This gives a nice finish and, in my opinion having removed
and replaced very piece of skirting in my house when first bought, is
100% easier.

Sorry, but IMHO, beading always looks naff compared with having the gap
covered by skirting. With beading, it's *always* obvious that it's a
retro-fit.

I agree. And it reduces the floor area. You might not think it matters but
it can do. some furniture which goes right up to the skirting has to stand
away from it, thus making less room by quite a considerable amount.

Mary
--
Cheers,
Set Square