You say 16.6v? You mean 13.6 I guess? which are more commonly called
12v batteries, even though theyre not exactly..

We may used the older wind/battery system to run a DC lighting circuit

for the outbuildings with a small inverter there for emergencies.

why not feed it into the main dc system?

You must have wired over the washing machine thermostat so it doesnt
heat electrically.

BTW are you using the gen exhaust heat to heat the house? If the gen
runs much in winter, you get around 20kW out of an 11kW gen exhaust, at
full tilt.

Is all your lighting 12v? 12v loads are generally more efficient than
running things on 240, as theres no invertor losses in the way..

If you want to inevst a few more hundred, solar flat plate space
haeting is an excellant payer.

NT