jtaylor

Ken Sterling (Ken Sterling) wrote in message
Gang,
Other than "home-made", does anyone know of a "wing-nut" wrench that
could be used to go down over about 5" of bolt before fitting down
over the wing nut? I didn't see anything in McM-C, but I have a
situation where a motor belt tension adjustment uses *long* 3/8" bolts
to support a hinged plate on which the motor is mounted - but after a
couple of years, the wingnuts are real tough to turn (if not
impossible) and there really isn't much room for "long handles".
Looking for something with a hole in the center which would drop down
over the bolt, sit on the "wings" of the wing nut and allow turning.

Home-made would be dead easy.

Piece of pipe that will fit over the centre part of the wingnut. Hacksaw a
pair of slots to grab the wings. Drill a hole in the other end through both
walls of the pipe, stick in a beefy screwdriver to turn the thing.