~KJPRO~

"Greg Johnson" wrote in message

m Ransley wrote:

Was it noisy before, so the ductwork is the same? How long are your
cycle times, longer cycle times put less wear on your equipment,

To be honest, I don't remember exactly how loud the old furnace
sounded. I bought the house early fall last year. Because the heat
exchanger was suspect when I had it inspected before the heating season,
I didn't give it a chance to run much. But I do know that on 2nd
stage/full fan, it definately is louder than the old furnace.

The ductwork is the same. Cycle times vary from 12-35 minutes,
depending on outdoor temp. This is with the Braeburn thermostat set to
1 degree differential. (Default was 0.5 degree).

Newer furnaces have to move more air to reach a lower Delta T across the
heat exchanger. Therefore if the ducting is inadequate, it will be noisy and
very displeasing.

~kjpro~