PoP

Default IP adressing stinks

On 20 Mar 2004 13:43:08 GMT, (Huge) wrote:

Political suicide. Can you imagine the headlines if it were made
obvious that the base rate of taxation in this country is actually
44%?

I'm not so sure about that, though it would certainly take a very bold
party to go down that route.

The important thing to most people is what's left in their pay packet
when the necessary deductions (or additions) are made. If this change
were to become tax-neutral for most people I'm sure it would be
readily accepted. Plus government could shave costs of collection
considerably if the whole tax system was overhauled to make it
simpler.

However I don't think it is going to happen anytime soon. Politicians
are generally cowards and I think even Thatcher would have baulked at
this idea.

PoP

---
If you need to contact me please submit your comments
via the web form at
http://www.anyoldtripe.co.uk. I'll
probably still ignore you but at least I'll get the
message.....