Jerry G.

I also forgot to mention, that when designing chargers, they have to be made
very reliable for the dedicated battery type. If it goes over current, there
is a chance for the battery to overheat and explode. The dedicated chargers
monitor the temperature of the battery, current flow under charge, and the
voltage of the battery under charge. They adjust exactly to fit to the specs
of the battery. This is especially done for dedicated batteries that are
used in appliances, computers, and in home entertainment equipment.

There are what is known as industrial battery chargers for industrial
batteries. These are usually gel type cells, and fall under a different
approach to their design.

A battery charger must also meet specific safety requirements under the UL,
EU, and CSA regulations. This has to do with the safety of use. If you use a
home made charger at home, or any home made device, and there is an incident
with it, your insurance company may demand an investigation to implement
non-payment of any policies. All devices that you use at home, that operate
from the AC mains, must meet very specific and ridged standards for
performance and mainly safety.

--

Jerry G.
=====

"Billa" wrote in message
om...
first please forgive me if this is out of topic
Sice I lost the original cable I'm trying to find instruction to build
a charger for my digital-camera battery.
It's a DPS-9000 digipower 7,2 Volts ?mAh Li-Ion

I have to find specification/drawings/suggestions to build a device
that will charge properly my battery without making it explode, using
a 15.0 volts dc 800 mAh as input (one of the two components of the
switching power supply has this output, and I've lost the second
component!!)

I hope to find suggestions (any kind) in this newsgroup!

tnx