Rob Mitchell

Doug Miller wrote:

They certainly *used* to, under the Shah. I don't think they do any more....

--
Regards,

I'm not an expert, but I believe women were granted the right to vote
and hold office in Iran in 1963 (under the Shah). For a more recent
status see

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6856181/

Women can vote and hold public office. However recently there has been
a setback in that women won't be allowed to run for the Presidency in
June. Initially it appeared that they would. That's too bad because
perhaps Iran could have had a female president before the US has one.
Things change slowly in all male dominated societies.
..
Rob