Dan

On Tue 01 Feb 2005 08:59:52p, "John Grossbohlin"
wrote in
nk.net:

Dust Monkey DM100, Dust Collection Kit for Contractor's Saw

I've got a cabinet saw so it isn't of any use to me. However, an
associate of mine has been on a mission-from-God to improve the dust
collection of his contractor saw so I was looking around...

The only review on Amazon is from somebody who only half installed the
thing... kind of hurts the credibility of his review.

Yeah, but I think he's right when he says he doesn't "I don't think that
this will be what I thought it would be."

I can't figure it out. I've got a Harbor Freight DC I paid $140 for, a
tablesaw dc hood that came with one of those Woodcraft hose 'n fittings
kits, and some flexible dryer vent pipe stuck on it so it sticks out the
back of the saw so it's easy to put the DC hose on it. Ducktape on the
joints. It works great. The only thing I could still do to make it better
is put an overarm guard on it.

Why is your friend unhappy with the dust collection on his saw? Does it
miss a lot of dust or is he just trying to cover up all the holes? I'm of
the opinion that if you don't put enough suckage on the saw, all the tuning
in the world isn't going to fix it and if you DO put enough CFM on the saw,
you don't need much tuning.

I was going to put some sort of cover on the back of mine until I noticed
all the dust was going into the DC anyway.