mac davis

On 1 Feb 2005 09:53:33 -0800, "Larry Bud"
wrote:

I was thinking of turning the drum on a lathe, but that's a precision
chore... maybe truing it up on a lathe or DP after it's glued up?

I don't see how that helps. The point of truing it is to make sure
it's parallel to the bed.

Maybe "truing" was the wrong word....
What I'd want to do first is be sure that all the disks were round and
identical....
It seems like if even one disk was out of round or out of line in the
glueup, it could provide enough variation to not sand flat??

As in wood turning, you can have something parallel to the bed that
isn't necessarily treu/round and lined up with the shaft... it can be
off center and still parallel, I think...
Hell, it's too late at night to have to think.. *g*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing