Anthony

James Holbrook wrote in news:XrYLd.7157$HZ.2520
@okepread07:

Hello,
I'm getting ready to turn some small parts out of aluminum.
The parts I'm making are basically discs of about 24mm diameter and 3mm
thickness with a few holes drilled for lightening. The most important
criteria are beauty (looks good with no gauling) and machinability.

I've seen all sorts of grades and am confused as to which is the better
grade to use.
What grade aluminum should I get and what type of tool. HSS or Carbide?

Any other tips I could use?

Thanks

James

If you want the best possible finish, a diamond tool is it for aluminum
(PCD tipped tool). Get the largest radius your part geometry will allow.
6061 or 7075 for the material.

--
Anthony

better idiots.