RogerN

The RC receiver sends pulses to the servo. This is from an old book but I
think it still pretty accurate, at least for non PCM radio controls. The
transmitter sends a 4.5 millisecond sync pulse followed by a series of
pulses ranging from 1.0ms to 2.0ms with 1.5ms servo center. The first pulse
after the sync pulse is channel 1, second pulse is channel 2, etc.. I have
used a BASIC STAMP microcontroller to read pulses from the receiver and
control outputs.

For the valves, it sounds like you would want proportional valves or servo
valves. Also, you might be interrested in the heading hold gyro's that they
use in R/C helicopters, this would help you hold a constant heading on
slopes,etc.

Hope this helps!

wrote in message
ups.com...
I am looking on information to control a hydraulic solenoid valve used
as a flow control valve by using PWM on the solenoid. I am trying to
control a machine by skid steer, and will use the flow control to
provide some trim control on slopes to cause it to go in a straight
line. I am trying to develop a method to control it by radio control.
there are a lot of cheap radio transmitters and receiver out there, but
I do not know where to get started. I have been told to incorporate a
hand held computer to program the PWM function for joystick controls,
and some just say I need a microcontroller.

Is anyone interested in giving me some help. I know you guys have done
a lot of this.

I am back after quite a while away from metalworking.
Cecil Bearden
Oklahoma