Doobielicious

How hot should it be if I also have a brand new dishwasher?

"William Deans" wrote in message
news:1107215640.743cd1234187f8fa7b8fd33c6d8631ca@t eranews...
Greetings,

If you are interested in saving the most money turn the water heater down

the temperature you like to take your shower at. When you step in you

should
only have to turn the hot knob. If you don't run out of water the water
heater is at the right temperature. If you do run out of water increase

the
water temperature until you are not in danger of running out.

Hope this helps,

William

PS: Some people need hot water for reasons other than showing. If so your
water temperature must be at least hot enough to accomplish these other
tasks.

"Doobielicious" wrote in message
Hi All,

I live in a small home with one other person. We shower once maybe

twice
day. my hot water is set at 140 degrees, but I lowered it to around 130

as
I feel it is too hot and wasting money. Am i right in turning it down

some
or should I leave it at the original setting of 140.

What is the norm? I believe it is a 40 galon tank.