max

Default Excalibur sliding table help needed

I recently purchased a saw unit that included a 10 inch Delta saw, the large
Excalibur sliding table, a roller outfeed table and an over arm blade guard
for $400. It is on a welded steel frame 10 feet long and 8 feet wide (yes,
my tablesaw is 80 square feet). I am trying to figure out if I can keep it
this large because I have a small shop.
The questions I have are these.
The sliding table fence gets in the way of using the Unifence. Do you have
to remove the sliding fence to rip? How easy is it to align the sliding
table? I am not sure I want to keep this thing because I have been using a
standard fence for the last 20 years and this is becoming a real hassle. Do
you grow to love it or will it just get in the way.
Thanks
max