Jo

"Alec" wrote in message
Its the moisture sensing bit.
My AEG measures the resistance between the drum proper and the "paddles".
If they get a coating, especially from fabric softener then you have a

high
resistance all the time and the clothes are "dry".
See if there is anything in the manual about this.
I cleaned mine with vinegar.
Rgds
Alec

We did clean them with vinegar at the weekend. I believe the sensors have

'gone'. Christian suggeted testing out using the timer function as opposed
to the sensors. I've just dried a load, set to 40 mins, and it worked!
Looks like it must be the sensors. Thanks Christian. Why didn't I think of
that! (Must be something to do with being female!!)
Jo