Christopher Key

Alan wrote:

Let us know how you get on - I'm thinking of maybe using X10 for some
garden lighting (rather than running lots of SWA back to the house,
I can just run one lighting supply circuit and use the DIN rail X10
modules in waterproof housings near each set of lights). Could be a
good setup for the pond too...

X10 will do this easily - I have a similar setup but have the modules
in the garage, all fed via a SWA to the house.
Works great.
Current project is trying to get X10 control of existing lights with
the minimum of disruption to each room to keep SWMBO happy!

I quite fancy doing something like this, along with perhaps some method to
control garden sprinklers, but am concerened about reliability. If
controlled from say, a ring main, the signals would have to go back to the
CU, through an RCD, meter tails, a switchfuse, 30m armoured cable, and then
another RCD before reaching the module. How does this compare to your
setup? Have you had any reliability issues?

Many thanks,

Chris Key