On 1 Feb 2005 10:05:55 -0800, "Larry Bud"
wrote:

max wrote:
If the drum is vibrating you are either taking too big a cut or the

axle
shaft you chose is too small a diameter. These drum sanders can only

sand a
few thousands at a time
max

Perhaps too big a cut... Seemed like the vibration was VERY sudden,
however. I'm wondering if I have the feet/min of the drum too fast as
well...

Assuming that there is insigificant play in the drum assembly, the
most like cause is that the drum is still out of round. Feed the drum
gently onto the sandpaper, give it time to work and it will round
itself out.

When rounding slow speeds and feeds are the way to go.

--RC
"Sometimes history doesn't repeat itself. It just yells
'can't you remember anything I've told you?' and lets
fly with a club.
-- John W. Cambell Jr.