PoP

Default IP adressing stinks

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 01:00:01 +0000, John Rumm
wrote:

Having said that if they fail to make S660 stick there is nothing to
stop the introducing primary legislation to implement it in a way it
will work (rather than recycling decades old legislation). At least then
they would not be able to make it retrospective.

They won't be doing that this year with an election in the offing,
they would be seen to be stuffing too many voters. I see one of the
major papers was announcing an October 2004 election on its front page
this morning - could be the case I think.

I think the wheels are coming off the Labour bandwagon now and they
know they would be risking it to go thru another budget, or even
pre-budget announcement.

Not convinced the IR view this new legislation as a replacement for IR35
- after all they did not repeal that. It seems that IR591 is just a
patch for the balls up they made with the 0% band.

I think IR35 will be quietly forgotten about. After all, S660 has been
on the statute books since 1936 and successive governments had not
seen fit to repeal it.

Governments don't repeal their own failing legislation - they tinker
with it to try and make it work, or stick it in a backwater hoping it
will die of its own accord.

PoP

---
If you need to contact me please submit your comments
via the web form at http://www.anyoldtripe.co.uk. I'll
probably still ignore you but at least I'll get the
message.....