PoP

Default IP adressing stinks

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 00:36:36 +0000, John Rumm
wrote:

Granted the 19% move is far less damaging than a good number of the
options that could have been introduced, perhaps not surprising as there
will be an election soon ;-) There is always the possibility of more to
come however! In reality it is just a patch to fix the problem he caused
himself with the introduction of the 0% band.

I agree. I think that given a chance Labour will increase that 19% in
successive budgets, and I wouldn't even bet on the Tories leaving it
alone!

I just wish they'd do away with NI and complicated taxation and lump
it all into one simple calculation. Whatever you earn 60% of it is to
be paid to government, and 80% if you earn over a certain threshold
(insert your own numbers). No fiddly little allowances to tinker with.

PoP

---
If you need to contact me please submit your comments
via the web form at http://www.anyoldtripe.co.uk. I'll
probably still ignore you but at least I'll get the
message.....