Charlie Self

Silvan writes:

It's on the way, or will be in a few minutes. But, hey, the roads are
clear. Take a two hour break and make the round trip...

More like three or four once I go through all 14,967 stoplights,
Charlie.

I've only driven to Roanoke once in the last couple of years on my own dime.
I hate the trip to Roanoke. Too damn much traffic. Being in all that
traffic when I'm only 2" off the ground in a little piece of aluminum foil
with only four wheels makes me uneasy, I guess.

Screw Roanoke, though it can be a problem--I came around and out 460 into
Bedford itself today, and you may be right about the number of lights.

Up 581/220 to 24. Stay on 24 until you get to 43 and turn right. I'm not sure
how many lights there are, maybe a half dozen in Roanoke, but on 24 there's
only one, where it crosses 122 something like five miles from here.

Ah well. Some day you'll come get that fence. Before I cut it down and install
it on a bandsaw.

Charlie Self
"They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some
kind of federal program." George W. Bush, St. Charles, Missouri, November 2,
2000