Dave in Fairfax

George wrote:
How about using the known properties of the wood to your advantage?

snippage
try whatever else you think works.

more snippage
With the really squirrelly stuff, you might want to have more patience and
thickness if you want circular. Odd grain angles make for strange warps.

I was responding to the OPs' question of "What's LDD"? Which I'd
recommended due to his problems having cut some wood to turning
blank size and then let it sit, wherein it cracked. Had he cut it
fresh and then had a choice of ways to deal with it, the
conversation might have gone elsewhere. Anchorseal was
recommended, most anything but leaving it to crack as it dried. I
make my blanks from a variety of different angles and agree with
your feelings about odd angles and strange warps, between that and
natural edges a lot of fun can be had, but that doesn't really
apply to his question.

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader