Dave Hinz

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 16:10:38 -0500, Ed Huntress wrote:
"Dave Hinz" wrote in message

Agreed, but it's spelled .30-06, and not .30/06. That's my point.

I think you'll find that it's been .30/06 for most of the past 100 years.
The hyphen is something that I first saw in the '60s and it struck me that
someone had made a mistake.

Could be. I'll check Hatcher's Notebook tonight & see what he says.

So, it depends on whether you're an old curmudgeon, like me g, or whether
you rely on Google to decide what is correct.

I like to think of myself as a young-ish curmudgeon, thankyouverymuch.