On 30 Jan 2005 22:46:17 -0800, someone wrote:

If you live where it is quiet, the smallest noise will annoy you. If
you live where it is noisy, you won't even notice. Now I live in a
rural area now, 400 feet back for a lightly traveled dirt road. If I
listen real hard, on a quiet night I can hear the interstate about 2
miles away. However, the wind and the wildlife keep some city visitors
awake.

I used to live on a 4-lane U.S. route. I also lived in a major city
with the trolley line going by on its rails. When in the city, the
interstate was actually much closer as the crow flies, but I never
heard it, far to much closer noise masked it.

If you don't get used to it soon, move. Where and under what
circumstances did you live before that there was "no" noise?
Sometimes what bothers people is a "different" noise, not "more"
noise.