On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 08:19:21 GMT, someone wrote:

Wonder if any of you have experience installing rubber weather strips on the
bottom of front doors. The finish carpenter that did our front door notched
the bottom of our front door and installed a rubber strip unit.

Guy did a premium job, a lot more work required to recess it, and now
you are bitching? Sounds like he went out of his way to achieve a
professional result and now you complain. If this was important to
you for it to look like an add-on DIY project, you should have
SPECIFIED the way you wanted it. Instead you left it up to his
judgement and now in hindsight you complain.

What is all this sky is falling stuff about mortise locks and
repalcing the door???? Has nothing to do with the weatherstrip. Any
carpenter should be able to install a mortise anyway, what's the big
deal? And why would the door suddenly rot now, but last forever
before? And what would be so hard about dismounting the door for
service, it is done all the time????

Chill, dude!