Dave Hall

ROBMURR wrote:
Well, if we are going to talk about the LG ladder I would appreciate
any comments from LG ladder owners who have had the opportunity (and
taken the time) to look at the Gorilla ladder sold by Home Depot. It
seems quite good and is much less expensive, but if the LG is a lot
better then I will have to think twice about purchasing a Gorilla
ladder.

Thanks...and yeah, I have seen a few comments on a Google search but

haven't seen a serious comparison made by a LG ladder owner.

Dave Hall

I have looked at them and they are made
in a similar way but the HD model is not
as heavy duty as the LG. Also they make
2 sizes 13ft and 21ft? I think..Not sure
exactly how high they become as stepladders, never seen one opened at
HD. The LG model they show is 7ft as
a stepladder and 17 ft as an extension ladder. I have no problem

standing with
my feet across the 2 top rungs 7ft off the ground if need be. The HD

also dont
come with the platform
to stand on or to put stuff on or that acts
as a brace when in scaffold mode..
the 13 cost $99 the 21 cost $198? or so.
If the shorter ladder works for you and
you cant spring for the LG get the HD
model. LG also makes a version that
looks more like the lighter duty HD model
for less than the infomercial priced one.

Thanks for the reply. I was kind of interested in the 21 ft. gorilla
ladder (18' 11" useable length - the 21' is the total combined length
of the 4 sections) as it makes a little better than a 9' step ladder
while the 17' LG only makes a 7' step. Of course I could go with a
bigger LG to get a bigger step. I did set the Gorilla up as a step
ladder and climb to the top and it was solid. However, if the LG is
significantly more heavy duty I may have to consider it. Any idea id
the LG platforms would fit on the Gorilla ladder?

Dave Hall