Bob Schmall

"Todd Fatheree" wrote in message
"Bob Schmall" wrote in message

"Todd Fatheree" wrote in message
"Bob Schmall" wrote in message news:0keLd.137937
Glenna:
Nice.

For me it boils down to: it may be legal, but it ain't right.

Bob

And again, you can thank the trial lawyers for making it necessary.

todd

..along with all the sexual predators who employ them. And the Homeland
Security folks. And nervous town lawyers and officials. And their

insurance
companies. And parents, lots of parents.
It just ain't so simple, is it?

Bob

Oh, I forgot. The trial lawyers are just innocent bystanders. They don't
have a powerful lobby in Congress to keep laws written the way they like.

todd

Didn't say that and didn't mean it. What I meant is that there are lots of
influences here, that things just ain't so simple that we can blame just one
set of people. George Will, a thoughtful conservative, said "The study of
history is the best way and, other than by bitter experience, perhaps the
only way to be inoculated against the terrible simplifiers, those people who
lead nations into trouble."
Another way to phrase it: there's a simple answer for everything, and it's
always wrong.

Bob