Noons

Larry Blanchard apparently said,on my timestamp of 1/02/2005 5:50 AM:

I go back to the days when 1200 baud was considered _very_ high speed.

The guys with money could afford 300-baud capable terminals -- us poor
*******s suffered with stuff that maxed out at 110 baud,

Hehehe! Carrier pigeons anyone?

Of course, some of us remember before networks and even terminals:

Ah yes. My pet hate was the Hollerith punching machine:
the crap computer dept at uni couldn't afford electric ones,
so students had to punch Fortran programs with the manual
puncher, one column-at-a-time... ARRRGHH!

Shall I mention the demented coronel who wanted us to
destroy the confetti for security reasons?

I could go back to tabulating machines, but most of you wouldn't even
know what those were :-).

Oh yes we would!

--
Cheers