SteveF

"rhncue" wrote in message
It's been a long time and the laws have probably changed some since I
had a dealers license but if I remember right if you made a receiver and
never had a manufacturing license, it had to have a tax stamp and I
believe it was 200.00 per stamp in the late 70's early 80's. I believe
they had it that high to discourage people from building guns.
Dick

--

That was for building a firearm covered under the NFA. For example, if you
wanted a Thompson submachine gun you could apply for and buy the tax stamp,

Steve.