bill a

I wouldn't attempt to use the concrete nails that you drive with a common
hammer. Unless the
concrete is very new, the probability of getting a solid connect with a
given fastener is low.
If you don't wan't to get into the hammerdrill thing (like with Tapcons,
etc), you might
think about the powder tools (Ramset, Remington). The fastening is very
quick, pretty reliable,
the fractures are shallow. Generally, Liq Nails, etc. used in conjunction
on furring.
The only annoyance might be the depth of the pin (nail) head.
Due to the nature of concrete walls, some harder spots might cause shallower
penetration here
and there.
Bill

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hello:

I want to nail some wooden 2x4's to the interior concrete foundation in my
garage to hang some hooks from, for holding shovels, etc.

I have seen some special "concrete nails" which I'm told can be driven
into
the concrete, and will hold well.

What I'm wondering is:

a. Will these rather large nails damage the concrete, or more importantly
tend to "crack" it ?

b. Do they really tend to hold well ? (I guess most of the load would be
in shear, rather than
tension tending to pull them out)

c. How deep into the concrete do I want to go ?

d. Any brands of better than others ?

Any thoughts on this would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob