JoeBhoy

That was my plan - stick it on Ebay - I just don't have a presario....

don't want to do it though if they are goosed!

cheers
Joe.

"T i m" wrote in message
On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:00:08 GMT, "JoeBhoy"
wrote:

sorry - I know it's OT but you guys seem to know all sorts of sh*t (-;

I have an old Compaq presarion laptop battery which is still in the
packaging.

Could it be 'Presario' ?

I was wondering - is there a time limit to how long these things can

keep -
this ones about 5 years old. Mint condition though.

Had it been charged now and again it *could* still be useable. If it
hasn't (and if it's still in it's packaging the chances are it hasn't)
then it could be shot. ;-(

The only real test is to charge it up (it might say 'charged' very
quickly) then run it flat (would be just a few mins). Charge it back
up again and see it it takes longer (then discharge it again) and so
on. It *could* pick up at last long enough to put it on eBay as
'working' ;-)

All the best ..

T i m