Edward W. Thompson

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 15:56:21 -0000, "Ian Middleton"
wrote:

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
.net...
ignoring the cost of a plot on which to build, what does the assembled
masses here think the build cost of a 4 bed house would be.

Obviously very ball park with a million varaibles, but say 110,000 GBP for
nothing special and contract fittings.

Christian.

My insurance company rate the re-build cost for my similar sized house as
£130k. I got the original re-build cost (£86k) in 2000 by phoning up the
builders and just asking, as the rebuild cost (not sale cost) greatly
affects your buildings insurance.

The difference may be accounted for by the Insurance Company including
site clearance in their price whereas the builder may not.