Dave

"Stefek Zaba" wrote in message
JoeBhoy wrote:

I have an old Compaq presarion laptop battery which is still in the
packaging.
I was wondering - is there a time limit to how long these things can

keep -
this ones about 5 years old. Mint condition though.

They don't take very kindly to going as flat as this one's likely to be:

I like to read your sensible postings, but I have to ask...

As it has never been charged, how can it go flat?
The OP does say that it is in its original packaging, so...

AIUI a NiCad pack that has never been charged just requires conditioning and
it will be happy to work for another 1000 (?) charges, or 2 years tops, of
use.

HTH

Dave