J. Clarke

Jeff P. wrote:

Well of _course_ it does. How many do you think they would sell if it
cut
the hot dog in half? The question is not what happens in the sales
demonstration, it's what happens in the real world.

Really now. Would you prefer that one of the sales reps slides his hand
into the blade? Will that satisfy you? Personally, I'm not rushing out
buy a Sawstop but it does seem like a very good idea. Just keep waiting,
I'm sure we'll have real world data sometime soon if they're actually
selling any of these.

I'm sorry, but I don't see your point. Whether the sales rep uses his hand
or your hand or a hot dog or somebody's weenie is irrelevant. He's not
going to give a demo that makes his product look bad. The fact that it
looks good in a demo has little relevance to its functioning in the real
world unless the use to which it is going to be put is _exactly_ that that
was demonstrated.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)