damian penney

Comments aimed specifically at Lee Michaels and Dave Hinz, perhaps

this
link will allow you to see things in context.

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...wse_frm/thread...

Wouldn't it be easier, Damian, to _include_ whatever you're answering

in
your post, instead of including a 3-line URL? You know, like people

in
Usenet have been doing for, er, years?

There you go. Now like I said, I personally don't like having to wade
through gobs of context to find what the poster has actually
contributed. Any decent/modern newsreader allows you to view groups in
a threaded manner so in my eyes quoting previous responses is a waste
of bandwidth. If you really needed context then in slrn esc-p will find
you the parent based on the references tag but lets face it you were
just being pedantic and knew quite well the context of my comments. I
really don't need a lesson in how to use usenet, I've been using it for
over a decade. This is my last post on the subject as quite frankly I'm
tired of the childishness that's been displayed here. Shame on you.