Ron P

Thank you as well. It is going to be painted white to match the my crown
and fireplace and thanks for the 3/4" birch note. My neighbor (with the
table saw) is behind me nodding his head. I found the same molding to cover
the seams as is on the fireplace, so that will be a part of it. He has
offered everything short of doing it himself and I can afford to pay, I just
want the satisfaction of doing. I'll just pay to repair any duffs ;-)
Thank you all again.

"Dragon" wrote in message
ups.com...
I built a similar project few years back. A few tips.
1) Buy the unfinished base cabinets. Well worth the $$.
2) If you're going to paint, use 3/4" birch plywood and poplar trim.
Also, if you paint, use acrylic cabinet paint with a foam roller for a
smooth durable surface.
3) If you're going wall-to-wall, make sure you take several
measurements at different points/heights of the wall. Your walls will
usually be slightly narrower at the top/bottom/corners.
4) Build each bookshelf by itself, then place each unit on the base
cabinet and fasten together. After that, attach trim boards to cover
the 'seam' between bookshelfs.

I too, wonder how you will get by without a tablesaw or router at the
minimum.

Dragon