Will

I've read otherwise, at least concerning building a firearm from an 80%
completed reciever. You can buy a reciever that is only 80% complete, along
with a stock, barrel, and everything else needed do make a gun w/o it being
considered a firearm. You can then finish the reciever yourself and assemble
a new firearm made by you. As far as legality, I've seen copies of several
letters from the ATF saying that if you build a gun that complies with
existing laws (and assuming there are no local laws) and keep it for
yourself, it is perfectly legal. http://www.acmearms.com/80percentfaq.php
discusses the subject and has links to a letter from someone at th BATF. So
I'm assuming that if it is legal to build a gun from an 80% reciever (only a
piece of metal as far as the feds are concerned), then it would be legal to
build a gun from scratch, for personal use that complies w/ all existing
laws, that is.

-Will

"Grunty" wrote in message

I'm not having any luck tracking down info on laws about making
personal
(not for sale) guns.

You need a manufacturer's or gunsmith license, whether you are "not
going to sell them" or otherwise.

Otherwise:
This is your bum: )°(

This is your bum when the BATF gets through with you )O(