Bernd

I'm playing with a smaller-scale tracked machine for handicapped
persons
transport and wonder what ideas you have for the actual track? TIA.

Roger,

If you go back through some of the messages you'll see I posted some
URL's that explain how I found out what to use. I was originally going
to make my own track using belting and C channel bolted to the belting
with a sprocket drive.

But to save you the trouble of searching right away, I'm going to use
the rear tire of a farm tractor with the side wall cut out. I think for
your application you should be able to use any kind of rubber tire that
will fit the length of track you want to make. Just cut the side walls
out and use the tread. One problem I'm going to need to solve is keeping
the track on the drive and support wheels.

I think perhaps that a conveyor type of belting might work for you.
Since I'm familiar with farm equipment I was going to use the belting
that is used on round hay balers. If you have a "Tractor Supply" store
near you, that is were you can purchase the belting. Think of any kind
or tire or belting to make your track out of. Got more questions, just
ask. You can e-mail me at bhf51 at att dot com. I may forget to stop
back here to check on posts. Best to take it to e-mail. I'll check back
just incase you can't get through.

Bernd