toller

"patrick conroy" wrote in message

"toller" wrote in message
news

I just read a magazine article (a couple years old) that compared router
bits from about a dozen manufacturers. They found no correlation between
price, reputation, and quality.

Maybe the same magazine that did the TiteBond III testing?
Or Consumer Reports.

I'd admit that "brand spanking new" bits hot out'a the bubble wrap
probably yield similar results - the low cost bits often wear out faster.

I did a google search and found it again; Fine Woodworking. We like Fine
Woodworking, don't we?
They found your Whiteside to be the best, but not much better than some that
were significantly cheaper.
The expensive PC and Jesada were terrible.
http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/pages/w00045.asp

Whiteside, Infinity, CMT have been the most used in my shop.
I've bought a couple of MLCS (and one Katana) and have been pleased.