Jeff P.

"Larry Bud" wrote in message
oups.com...

On your home page, you're using the browser to resize your "pens"
picture. The quality on that particular graphic stinks, and you're
using up bandwidth because the entire pic has to d/l anyway. You
should resize it in your graphics software.

I appreciate the comments Larry. I missed the fact that that pic was
resized. Not intentional. I resized it just to see what size I wanted it
and then forgot to go back into PS and do it for real. It's too big now
even when resized in browser. I'm still in the process of optimizing all
the graphics and the links page was one that I've yet to tackle.

IMO, I'd lose all the drop shadows. I find them annoying, and you're
going against convention and placing the light source in the upper
right instead of the upper left. It's somewhat disconcerting, and it
would save you time and bandwidth if you dropped them. Just use a
nice 1 px border with style sheets.

I really like the drop shadow but I guess you can't please everyone. I
wanted a look as though it was all laying on a table in front of you.
While convention may dictate that the light comes from the other way(I
didn't know that), I can't see that it matters much at all. I like em so
I'll keep em in (at least until version 3.0) but I thank you for your
comments.

If your hosting provider provides for some scripting, I would get rid
of your email address and make a form that people fill out. This will
eliminate any spam bots from gathering your email address.

That's an awesome idea. I haven't had any problem as of yet with spam on
that add but time will tell it's been up for over a year now). Might be
that a form would make it easier for people to leave feedback or drop a
line.

One question. I added a layer centering behavior because I just think it
looks better centered but what do you think? Just did it this morning so if
you didn't visit today (Monday) check back.

Thanks again

--
Jeff P.

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog
can cure depression. The down side is, the minute
you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

Check out my woodshop at: www.sawdustcentral.com