Walt Novinger

FlyingT40 wrote:

Hi Walt,

I read you comments about the 1640 Oneway that you wrote some time ago,
Do you still feel the same about the machine? I have ordered one and hope
to find it suitable after working with a couple of unsatisfactory
machines.

Ray

Ray,

Yes, I continue to be very happy with the 1640. It's presently a much beter
lathe than I am a turner . However, I keep practicing and hope to get
better and better. The only issue I have with the lathe is that the index
pin seems to allow a bit of slop...maybe a degree or so. I will be
following-up with Oneway on this, as I think it should be tighter than it
is. Other than that, I have had no problems and am just waiting to save the
money to buy the extension and tailstock riser block (they're both
available now) so I can turn bigger pieces.

Walt