Rex B

I determined what I needed was a 2L160 in McMaster Carr. I've sold
belts all my life and I didn't know there was such an animal as a 2L.
So I went by the local Motion Industries at lunch and they will have
them this afternoon.
It's possible I end up needing something between 16 and 16.5. If
these don't fit I'll try O-rings or take Mr. Spehro's offer.
Also noticed McMaster Carr had a polycord product that you cut to
size (minus 8%), then fuse the cut ends together. That would work, but
it was real pricey.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Rex B

Mike Henry wrote:
I just needed what sounds like similar belts for a surface grinder pulley
and got them at Motion Industries for around $12 each. They're made by
Gates and called Poly Flex Belts. Mine are P/N 5M450, which might help you
get to the right area of Gates web site.

FWIW, it looks like someone is auctioning a similar set of belts on Ebay at
present.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Mike

"Rex" wrote in message
.net...

I have an antique hobby lathe (ca 1930s Craftsman Companion??) that uses
belts and pulleys to drive the leadscrew. The pulleys are vee'd, and about
1/4" across the top of the vee. Overal length of the belt is 16 inches,
maybe 16.25" at the outside/top of groove. Where can I get two belts?
I think the urethane round belts would work fine as well. MSC shows
them in "make your own" but the minimum quantity is too high.
This lathe sits on a display shelf and probably won't be ever used,
but I'd like to complete it.