DOC

If you can't find what you want, let me know. I have
a couple types of 1/4" round belting material and can make
something up for you in whatever size specify.

DOC

"Rex" wrote in message
nk.net...
Greg O wrote:

"Rex" wrote in message
.net...

I have an antique hobby lathe (ca 1930s Craftsman Companion??) that uses
belts and pulleys to drive the leadscrew. The pulleys are vee'd, and

about
1/4" across the top of the vee. Overal length of the belt is 16 inches,
maybe 16.25" at the outside/top of groove. Where can I get two belts?
I think the urethane round belts would work fine as well. MSC shows
them in "make your own" but the minimum quantity is too high.
This lathe sits on a display shelf and probably won't be ever used,
but I'd like to complete it.

If it will never get used, how about a 1/4" "O" ring about 5" diameter?
also, McMaster Carr stocks 2L belts, 1/4" wide.
Greg

An O-ring or 2 would work fine.
MSC only listed 3L, so I'll check McMaster-Carr. Thanks