In article .com,
wrote:

I did a google search and it seems I can reduce noise quite a lot by
doing some window "treatment". I have read about all sorts of things
from triple pane windows to interior windows to window plugs.

For my business, I daily visited an office (lawyer's) that was about 30
feet from an incredibly noisy street in San Jose, Ca. The din outside
was absolutely deafening in the daytime; trucks, cars, motorcycles,
horns, pneumatic drills, you name it. The speed limit is 40 on that
street, but most vehicles travel MUCH faster there, and those speeds and
the constant revving from congested traffic with its racetrack nature
all contributed to the harmful decibel level.

But once you stepped inside the office and shut the door, all that noise
dropped away. The silence was just astounding; you could hear the quiet
hum of the computer fan. Speech was conducted at conversational levels
or lower.

I asked the lawyer about it once, and he shrugged his shoulders as if he
had never noticed it before. He did say that he chose to lease the
building partly based on how well-insulated it was, with its
double-paned windows and thick wall insulation. I suspect that part of
the noise-reducing quality of the building came from its construction
material (at least on the side of the building that faced that street),
although I can only guess at what that is.