Ian Middleton

"James" wrote in message

"Josh" wrote in message

Thanks all. Checked joist spacing, and will lose 10% from B&Q boarding
packs, or 20% from full size 2440x600.
Also, B&Q boarding packs are £3.78/1.19sq m (or £3.17/sqm), whereas my
local timber merchant sells 2440x600 at £4.87 (or £3.38/sqm), so
(assuming my maths is correct), the smaller boards are cheaper to buy
(6%), but more time consuming to lay.
Josh

Why does there need to be wastage when using tongue and groove boards. If
the ends of the boards don't rest on a joist won't they be adequately
supported by interlocking with neighbouring boards - assuming you are only
using this floor for light storage and access.

James

My 2440x600 sheets alway joined at the joists. My joist spacing was about
60cm except at the ends near the wall.