mac davis

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 19:54:59 GMT, "Jeff P."
wrote:

I've been in the process of do a complete redesign of my website and I'm
always trying to balance using tons of graphics with the fact that some
people might get frustrated with download times if they have a slower
connection. I'm just curious to know what type of connection most of you
have to the internet. Personally, I'm on cable. It's pricey but I'll never
go back. How about all of you?

I try to design both commercial and personal sites for the "lowest
common denominator"...
We tend to build stuff the way WE want to look at it.... high res,
lots of flash and graphics, etc.... and the average guy can't or won't
wait to get there before hitting the BACK button..

Apart from having a mirror site and diverting the broadband folks
there, the best bet might be to build it "lean & mean" with a lot of
links to graphics and stuff labeled "suggested for broadband only" or
something like that..

If you've been on a dialup and had to wait for the graphics and flash
opening page of a complex site, you know what I man.. *g*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing