Norman D. Crow

Currently dialup 56K, switching to DSL this week. Tried RR a year or so
back, loved it, but couldn't afford it. Right now I've got DSL through my
local ISP for $29.90/mo. for 1 yr. with option to renew for 2nd yr. @ same
price.

9600 memories; mid 80's, data entry system running entry terminals @ 9600 on
a big MX'er, they were complaining of losing data. Watched the girls, they
were faster than the connection, over-running the buffers. They just had to
slow down a tiny bit.

--
Nahmie
Those on the cutting edge bleed a lot.

"Robert Bonomi" wrote in message
In article ,
Jeff P. wrote:
Man, that sucks. I remember getting my first real PC and thinking that

the
14.4 modem was "smokin".

Bah! You're a newbie. grin

I go back to the days when 1200 baud was considered _very_ high speed.

The guys with money could afford 300-baud capable terminals -- us poor
*******s suffered with stuff that maxed out at 110 baud,