Max wrote:
I have a friend who knows Robin. Here's the real scoop.

Hometime offered to renew her contract for the 13th season last
August-04. Throughout 2004, Dean and Robin participated as
spokespersons for Little Giant Ladder and shot an infomercial
demonstrating the product. Within months, the infomercial was ranked
among the top 10 in the country.

Little Giant Ladder replaced Dean with Richard Karn (Al from the

sitcom
Home Improvement) and asked Robin to continue as a spokesperson and
shoot a new infomercial with Richard. As I understand it, because of
her contract with Hometime, she had to leave the show in order to

take
the deal with Little Giant.

Apparently the deal was too good to pass up. So she declined the

offer
to renew with Hometime for a 13th season.

Side note about Little Giant Ladders. Nice ladder but way overpriced
and long, long wait, from Wing the manufacturer of the Little Giant
Ladder. Ordered my ladder Dec. 5 2004, expecting to receive by xmas.
All I received was a coupon and apologies the week before xmas that my
ladder
wil be shippped early January of 05. With the letter they said they are
adding more shifts to get orders out. second week of January I called
Wing for update on order and after the obligatory 45 min wait "for next
available person" they said they did not have record of my order. Well
emailed person made my purchase from asking what is problem and for a
shipper track number when they ship. I received the ladder last week
Jan 27, 2005. Two days later they emailed me the shipper number. That's
my story nice ladder but overpriced and not worth the wait. There are a
lot of similar knockoffs just as good, I have one from costco smale but
as good less than half the price. Robin made a big mistake in my
opinion leaving Hometime for Little Giant ladder infomercial, guess she
went for Money and more exposure.