rhncue

I just got a hold of Jet and all they said was that I have an obsolete
machine that they no longer have parts for. I asked the man what exactly the
size and pitch of the spindle was and I would make my own plate and upon
checking he said that it was a D-4. I told him it certainly wasn't a D-4 but
a threaded spindle and he then transferred the call to someone supposedly
more knowledgeable about their older equipment but that person wasn't
available.
Now my question to you fellows is: if this was your lathe, would you make
a faceplate to fit this thread or would you turn the spindle thread down to
2 1/4-8 from 60mm-8 so as to make it standard for future use?
Dick
--
Richard H. Neighbors
Building fine pool cues for real pool players at affordable prices.
"Gunner" wrote in message
On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 21:30:38 GMT, "rhncue"
wrote:

Last night I kept looking for Jet tools web-site but kept coming up blank.
found it today as the company actually has a different name. Anyway I'll
contact them Monday about a backing plate. On their site they have
available
parts but they all seem to be for newer machines. I may have to make a
mounting plate anyway as I was wanting to put a set-true chuck on the
lathe
and they certainly won't have one of them.
The spindle on this lathe looks like it was threaded for a millimeter
instead of imperial threads as it is almost exactly 60 mil. however the
threads are 8.
Thanks for the help all and I'll get back with you all when I've got
it up and running and let you know what course of action I took. One
remedy
that wasn't mentioned was to turn the spindle threads down to standard
instead of increasing the backing plates size. I've got a few days to
decide
what I'm going to do.
Thanks again,
Dick

Dick..you may not be aware of it..but our very own Leigh at
MarMachine is a Jet dealer. He posts here
occasionally. You might want to drop him an email and see what he can
do for you.

Gunner

"Considering the events of recent years,
the world has a long way to go to regain
its credibility and reputation with the US."
unknown