HotRod

Just thought I would add a few tricks I've learned over the years.

1) Get a few pieces of shingle step flashing that you can use when heating
pipes close to anything burnable, I've gone as far as adding a wet rag
behind the flashing just to keep everything cool.

2) Keep some old bread around if the pipe is on a bit of a down angle and
the water keeps dripping stuff a piece of bread in there about 6 inches back
to help keep the working pipe end dry.

3) A shop vacuum is great way to get water out of pipes that are really hard
to drain.

4) When in doubt add more soldering paste.

5) Clean, Clean Clean those fittings (roughing up the contact area between
each pipe) Sand paper, wire brush or my favourite a battery post cleaner.

HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE