David Martel

Bob,

I think you need to speak with the builder before you close on this
house. It seems to me that it will be very hard for you and any passengers
to walk in front of or behind your van when it is in the garage. Thus you
will be loading and unloading in the driveway. Moving the van every time you
want to take out the trash or get to stored stuff is going to become really
annoying.
Adding a "bump out" at the door end to give you 1 or 2 more feet is easy
and shouldn't break the builder's company. It's his problem, it's not
acceptable, and he needs to fix it.

Dave M.